1. Just two years after finishing their careers, approximately 78% of NFL players go bankrupt.
2. Though football games usually last around 3 hours, the ball is typically in play for only 11 minutes. Around 56% of the game on TV is devoted to replays.
3. In 1892, former Yale star William “Pudge” Heffelfinger became the first recognized pro player when he accepted $500 to play for the Allegheny Athletic Association.
4. In an NFL game, as many as 75 minutes, or about 60% of total TV air time (excluding commercials), is spent on shots of players standing on the line of scrimmage, huddling, or just walking around between snaps.
5. Injured football players in televised NFL games get six more seconds of camera time than celebrating players.
(Thanks to randomhistory.com)
A glimpse at Griff Montgomery:
He wanted a wife. She didn’t want to get married – ever. Not exactly a match made in heaven. Ten years ago, Griff Montgomery, star quarterback of the Kings and womanizer, became a stand-in father for his widowed sister’s kids. After they moved away, Griff wanted his own family. But where does a “player” go to find his ideal mate?
Having sworn off marriage forever, Lauren Farraday barely kept her life together after her divorce. With her career shaky and depression closing in, the last thing she needed was a courtroom battle with a sexy athlete.
Wary of Griff’s reputation with women, and hiding a secret, Lauren holds on to her heart. Can the quarterback handle the truth or will he walk away, like he has in the past?Buy links:
SECRET CRAVINGS PUBLISHING
BARNES & NOBLE
ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS
Get a sneak preview of Buddy Carruthers, Wide Receiver, the next in the First & Ten series by signing up for my free NEWSLETTER