Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

10 Things Not to Say to a Romance Writer! And the snappy answers you might get if you do!

1.   Did you model that character after me?
a.     No, you’re too boring to be a character in my book.
2.    Did you get your plot from a TV program?
a.     No, that’s called theft of intellectual property.
3.    Are you going to put what I just said in a book?
a.     Maybe, but you’ll never know, will you?
4.    Who did you fashion your characters after?
a.     No one, they are fiction, remember?
5.    Did that really happen?
a.     No, that’s called nonfiction.
6.    Where do you get your ideas from?
a.     I buy them at the corner store along with my crack, heroin and diet pills.
7.    Does your mother know you write this stuff?
a.     Yes, and she’s buying copies for all her friends for Christmas.
8.    Do people actually buy your books?
a.     Yes, I’ve got the royalty checks to prove it.
9.    I could write something like this…it isn’t hard. 
                     a.      Go ahead…I dare you! 
     10. This isn’t real literature, you know            
                    a.     Really? That’s what it’s classified as by the government (when you file a copyright.) 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now and Forever 1, a Love Story
A little about the book:
Now and Forever 1, a Love Story is about Callie's Richards, a young woman who's known tragedy, and her journey back to a fulfilling life. After losing the love of her life, she meets Mac Caldwell, a handsome dean at Kensington State University. Can they build a life together after facing hardship and loss? You'll cheer with her triumphs and empathize with her setbacks when you read this emotional story.
 Review from The Pen & Muse:
"Joachim brings in the romance we all know and love. A romance where love conquers all and can withstand just about anything. I loved Mac and Callie’s story about their hardship and their courage to continue. I loved the interaction between Callie and Mac’s son. From start to finish you are rooting for these characters and don’t want to put the book down. Joachim always writes great stories of love and passion. Stories like these teach us that love is stronger than anything else. Those who love contemporary romance will love this book!"
To see review click Pen & Muse 
Click here to go back to Six Sentence Sunday 
Buy Links - $3.99 everywhere: 

Amazon


 





8 comments:

Lily Graison said...

Love it! I've actually had ppl ask me #7 and #8! Oh, and ask for a 'free' book...I guess since 'I' wrote it, my friends think it should be free to them. Go figure! I usually tell them, "Sure! Just give me your paycheck come Friday and we'll call it even." hehe

Robert Wacaster said...

"This isn't real literature, you know." HAHAHA! Very nice blog, loved it!

The Creative Jay said...

I think you also forgot the comments you hear like "I would never read that Fabio covered trash". In my creative writing class we were talking about publishing and my instructor asked if there were any romance writers, I didn't say a word. The negative comments you hear... "That's trash lit" or "I can't believe people buy that stuff". Then my teacher said if you can create a good one every 6 months you can make good cash and a few got excited. I was then instantly irritated and amused at the same time.

Joseph said...

I love them! It's also annoying when people ask me if they can be a character and I'm just like "argh, no you can't" and yes, they think that it's so easy to just CREATE a new character, a new plot, subplot etc. and then they have the audacity to tell me stringing a sentence together isn't that hard.

-Joseph

Anonymous said...

ROFL, I was rolling over those witty answers. Awesome article!

Casea Major said...

Hilarious! I love number 7. It's all so true.

A.W. McQueen said...

LOL! I will have to remember this for future reference when I get published.

That gave me a really good chuckle.

Lindsay said...

Another great list