Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "NOISY"


Welcome to Tuesday Tales on Saturday! This is a continuation of my story, "Rescue My Heart" Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to visit the other writers, click the link at the bottom.
RESCUE MY HEART

“Was that a crack?” The skinny woman asked.
“What? No. Really, no.” Rory bit her lip to keep from smiling.
“Don’t be bothering Dr. Roberts with your trivia.”
Mary had retreated to a back room and now came out carrying Baxter. The pug barked and wagged his tail when he saw Rory. 
"Noisy dog," Felicia muttered.  
“Baxter!” Rory stroked his head. He licked her hand, then her face.
"No charge, Ms. Sampson,” Mary said.
“How am I going to get him home?”
“I’ll take you,” Hack piped up.
“Don’t you think that’s a little far to go?” Felicia asked.
“I live only three blocks away,” Rory piped up.
 Hack picked up Baxter, who struggled for a bit until he got comfortable. The doctor held the door for Rory with his free hand.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” he said to Mary.

Rory talked to the pug while she walked along with the tall man.
“Do you always talk to your dog?”
“He’s my muse, helps me write.”
“What do you write?”
“Romance stories.”
Hack found himself blushing yet couldn’t figure out why.
“I know what you think. Frankly, I don’t care.”
Her sharp tongue pissed him off. He glared at her, but she was too busy navigating her way around obstacles and talking to Baxter to pay attention to him. That disturbed him. The mirror told him he was an attractive guy. Square jaw, blue eyes, shiny brown hair, great build. Women flirted with him…at the coffee house, on the subway, everywhere.
But Rory, didn’t pay him any mind and it irked him. He glanced at her, giving her the once over. She had a great body, what he could see of that wasn't hidden by her sling and baggy shorts. Nice rack, something a man could get a grip on. And her bottom…nicely rounded. A small tingle shot up his fingers at the thought of giving it a squeeze. Before he could begin to undress her with his eyes, they were in her tiny, studio apartment.
“Where’s the bedroom?” he asked.
“You’re standing in it. One room fits all.” She put down her purse and keys.
Hack laid Baxter down gently on the beige faux suede sofa and sat next to the animal. He examined him briefly. Rory was filling a small bowl with water. She placed it next to Baxter’s food dish.  The little pug struggled to get off the sofa so Hack lifted him down. The dog, leg in splint, clunked over to his water bowl and took a drink. Rory sank down on a wing chair and sighed. Rapid blinking kept her tears at bay.
“I can’t even dress myself without help.”
Her dark blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail was thick with a slight curl. Her eyes were large and light blue, almost translucent.
“I’m a master at unhooking a bra,” he snickered.
She cocked an eyebrow at him. “Yeah? And I’m a master at neutering,” she glanced at her watch. “Why don’t you get back to that beanpole you call your fiancée.”
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO TUESDAY TALES
CLICK HERE FOR MY WEBSITE

8 comments:

Sarah Cass said...

Oooh, sparks are going to fly. I'd love to see more of why he's with the bean pole...and I really want to see Rory and Ack together...I think it's going to be one firey relationship!!

Karen Cino said...

Oh yeah. I must agree. I can see sparks flying. I love Baxter. He is so cute.

The Fiction Vixen said...

I need to read this from the beginning.. Late to the party as always..x

V.L. Locey said...

Oh yeah, one fiery relationship coming up!

triciaandersen said...

I love seeing these forces collide - I can't wait to read more!!

Lindsay said...

This is going to be another great book. Love the tension between them

SherryGLoag said...

Couldn't agree more with everyone else. I love the sparks that are flying between them.

Davee Jones said...

Their banter reminds me of the classic love/hate passion. I'm curious to see who caves in first!