Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

SWEET SATURDAY SAMPLE

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Here's a sweet sample from my latest release:
MEMORIES OF LOVE


Sweet, heartfelt pledges to stay together and love each other forever were challenged in the taxi on the way to the airport. Grant disintegrated emotionally, when her leaving became so real. Anger flooded into his heart.
“Let’s be honest, Carol Anne. You’re never coming back.”
She gasped and turned to face him. “How can you say that?”
“Because it’s true.” He grasped her arms, holding her still. “Can you honestly deny it?”
“You’re assuming a lot, here. Like I’m going to be successful. A big leap…based on nothing.”
“And if you’re not successful with the first film, are you going to stay for another or come home to me? Huh? Stay and keep trying, right? You’re no quitter.”
“I’m not, but that doesn’t mean…”
“Doesn’t mean what? Doesn’t mean that you’re quitting me? Come off it. Be honest.”
Carol Anne burst into tears. “I love you. I don’t want to quit you, Grant. Are you leaving me?”
“I’m not going anywhere.”
“Always the lawyer. Are you breaking up with me?”
“I can’t. I wouldn’t. I love you too much,” he whispered.
“Then what are you talking about?”
“I’m talking about reality. We’ll be three thousand miles away from each other, Cara Mia. That’s beyond geographically undesirable. That’s straight to…impossible.”
A Bit About the Book

Can true love survive anything? A marriage to another? A seven year separation? Pregnant and alone, Cara stars in her first movie while Grant marries another. When felled by illness, she’s forced to give her child to Grant. Five years later, Fate strikes, reuniting them by chance. Will they discover that true love never dies?
Buy Links
AMAZON

2 comments:

Patricia Kiyono said...

Wow, this sounds like a great story! I'll have to check it out. Long distance relationships are almost impossible to maintain, and it sounds like this couple is in for a lot of heartbreak.

Heather Gray said...

Sometimes love takes a detour...it sounds like they're in for a bumpy one!