In addition to being a romance writer, I'm also a rabid football fan. Even though I'm a big fan, I still had to do tons of research. I guess you could say it was a labor of love.
Watch for the announcement of a new post on Twitter, or follow my blog and you'll be notified automatically when a new post is up. Thanks for stopping by.
1. American football sprouted from a combination of rugby and soccer - both from England. This bastard sports child called football took hold on college campuses in the 1800's, and grew from there to capture many U.S. hearts.
2. In the late 1800's a coach named Walter Camp became known as the "father of football" when he created rules regarding downs, distances and scrimmages.
3. The NFL started out in 1920 as the American Professional Football League. Two years later, it changed its name to the National Football League, which is what it's known as today.
4. The Super Bowl is the most watched television event, surpassing the Oscars, March Madness basketball, the World Series (one game) and the Stanley Cup Playoffs (one game).
5. Pigskin? Think again. Footballs are made from cowhide. It takes about 600 cows to make enough footballs for an entire season of NFL games.
Here's a snippet from GRIFF MONTGOMERY, QUARTERBACK, my brand new football romance novel:
“What else are you good at, besides grilling and throwing a football?”
“Do you want the PG version or X-rated?” He snickered, his dark eyes dancing with mischief as they skimmed over her skimpy robe, making her shiver.
Griff slipped his hand over her free one. “Or should I show you?” His gaze settled on her lips.
She finished chewing and sat back, checking him out again. His muscles were nicely defined, and the sprinkling of dark chest hair tempted her fingers. She ached to touch him, but resisted. He’s a womanizer. He’ll leave you. He’ll hurt you. “Don’t think so.” She removed her hand to cut another piece of meat.
All buy links HERE
He wanted a wife. She didn’t want to get married – ever. Not exactly a match made in heaven. Ten years ago, Griff Montgomery, star quarterback of the Kings and womanizer, became a stand-in father for his widowed sister’s kids. After they moved away, Griff wanted his own family. But where does a “player” go to find his ideal mate?
Having sworn off marriage forever, Lauren Farraday barely kept her life together after her divorce. With her career shaky and depression closing in, the last thing she needed was a courtroom battle with a sexy athlete.
Wary of Griff’s reputation with women, and hiding a secret, Lauren holds on to her heart. Can the quarterback handle the truth or will he walk away, like he has in the past?
Thanks for coming. If you'd like to know more about me and my books, here's my website and my free newsletter. Please follow the blog for more 5 fast facts.