FAST FACTS ABOUT TULIPS
Because it's nasty outside -- cold, snowy and gray, I've chosen to post fast facts about tulips, along with pictures I snapped in warmer weather. I've included more than 5 facts, since I have so many pictures!
Hopefully this will take you away from a frigid Saturday into the bright sunshine...
1. There are over 150 species of tulip.
2. Tulips are part of the lily family.
3. Tulips only bloom for 3-7 days in the spring.
4. Tulips come in almost any color
5. To some, tulips blooming means spring has arrived!
6. Tulips used to be an expensive flower, but no more.
7. The best time to plant tulips is in the fall, so that the bulbs can take root before the winter freezes the ground.
I hope this post has brightened your day. If you're looking for a quality romance to curl up with at a reasonable price, you might take a look at my 30+ books, on my WEBSITE.
Thank you for stopping by.