Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2018

BASEBALL FUN FACTS & ADORA SMUTZ INTERVIEWS DAN ALEXANCER, PITCHER





Baseball fun facts*:

  • The first World Series was played between Pittsburgh and Boston in 1903 and was a nine-game series. Boston won the series 5-3.
  • The New York Yankees have won 26 World Series titles, which is more than any other team.
  • Former Yankees right fielder Mickey Mantle holds the record for most career home runs (18) and RBI (40) in World Series history.
  • Baseball stars from the National League and the American League played the first All-Star Game in 1933. The National League has won 40 of the 73 games. The game ended in a tie twice. In 1961 rain in Boston prevented extra innings and the game ended in a 1-1 tie. And in 2002, the game went 11 innings with the score knotted at seven before it was finally called off due to a lack of pitchers.
*(Thanks to www.infoplease.com)


*****************************************************

ADORA SMUTS INTERVIEWS
DAN ALEXANDER, PITCHER


Why did you choose to be a pitcher?  
I like to throw a ball. I like to be in control. Facing off with one guy is a challenge.

When did you start playing baseball? 

I joined Little League when I was six. The bat was bigger than I was (laughs at own joke). But I stuck with it. Eventually I got to be one of the best players.

Which do you prefer, blonde, brunette or redheads? What? I thought we were talking about baseball?

How old were you when you started dating? 

Wait a minute. What happened to the baseball questions?

Who is your all-time favorite baseball player? 

It’s between Babe Ruth and Whitey Ford. I mean, who doesn’t love Ruth, ya know?

A. S. Ruth? Is that your new girlfriend? I thought it was Holly. She's gonna want to know you have someone new...

D. A. I don't have someone new! Ruth is the most famous baseball player in the world! I thought you knew something about the game. Jean said you did. She swore this interview would be legit and not just sex talk, like you usually do.


How old were you when you lost your virginity? 

What the Hell?

A.S. So young you don’t remember? I mean, really Dan. Fans want to know these things.

D.A. None of your business.

Which team do you most fear facing? 

That’s more like it. I think the Boston Blue Jays are the toughest for us to beat.  

Do you believe in sex on the first date? 

(Throws his baseball cap on the ground.) You are NOT supposed to ask me those questions. Jean? Jean? Where are you (shakes fist in the air). I’ll get you for this.

How many women you’ve dated agreed with your sex-on-the-first-date policy? 

(Dan throws hands in the air.) I don’t sleep with women on the first date.

Do you ask a girl out a second time if she refuses to sleep with you the first time? 

If I like her, sure. I just said I don’t ask women to sleep with me on the first date. (Grinds his teeth)


How long was it before your girlfriend gave in? 

Go to Hell, Adora. (picks up cap and shoves it on his head)

What’s your favorite position for sex? 

(Dan heads for the door)

A.S. Dan? Dan? I guess that’s all we have time for today. Thank you for stopping by. Leave your cell phone number with my secretary and the next Saturday night you’re free (wink, wink) This is Adora Smutz, signing off until next time. 




Holly's on the run, where to hide? In plain sight selling hot dogs at the baseball stadium. Dan, fed up with cheating women and gold diggers, spies beautiful Holly hawking franks and wants to know who she is. Will her secret keep them apart, or will the truth set them free?

Fed up with cheating women, Dan Alexander, star pitcher for the New York Nighthawks, grew restless. He never expected the hot dog girl to look as smokin’ as the food she was selling.
Dan went into the playoffs, hell bent on winning the pennant. But could he maintain his focus on the field, where everything was going right, when off the field everything was falling apart?   

BOOK IS FREE NOW! 

BARNES & NOBLE







AMAZON GERMANY

AMAZON AUSTRALIA

AMAZON INDIA

  AMAZON PAPERBACK



2 comments:

Tabitha L said...

Hi nice reading yyour post

Jean C. Joachim said...

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it.