Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

MY FREEDOM TOP TEN

Today on the 4th of July, so many thoughts go through my head. Here are my  FREEDOM TOP TEN FOR JULY FOURTH:


First: Thank you, Revolutionary Soldiers, for fighting for our freedom from Britain so many years ago.

Top 10 Freedoms

1.   I am free from rule or taxation by anyone other than my own countrymen and women.

2.   I am free to be a Jew and practice my religion.
3.   I am free to criticize my government without fear of retribution. 
4.   I am free to be whatever I want, follow any career I choose.
5.   I am free to live anywhere I want and to pick up and change that location whenever I want.
6.   I am free to attend school, as much school as I want and can afford.
7.   I am free to make my own friends regardless of anyone else's approval.
8.   I am free to raise my children the way I see fit.
9.   I am free to vote for whoever I want to run my state and our country.
10. I am free to stand up for what I believe in, speak out, without fear.



These are my top ten. Did I leave anything out? If so, please add it in your comment.

Happy 4th of July...a day to rejoice in all the freedom we enjoy in the United States of America.









4 comments:

Kellie Kamryn said...

Those all sound great, Jean! Happy 4th!

Stephy Smith said...

Well put Jean! Couldn't have said it better myself! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Stephanie said...

America. Makes me sad and happy all at once.

Stephanie said...

Hey, it's me! Pedro! I fucked up and signed in under my honey's name.