Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Tuesday Tales - Flowers


Welcome and thank you for visiting. Tuesday Tales - word prompt is flowers of your choice.  I chose lilacs. This is a snippet from my WIP called, "If I Loved You". Megan had her first business dinner with devastatingly handsome movie star, Chas Duncan.

Tuesday night, Megan kept Andy, they worked until nine o’clock to get the plan perfect for Chaz the next day. She dragged herself home, exhausted. After tossing her keys in the silver bowl, Megan toed off her shoes, removed her jacket and padded into the kitchen for a glass of wine. She carried the wine back to the living room as she checked her cell phone. Five messages from Penny. She dialed her sister-in-law.
Add caption
“What’s up?” Megan plopped down on the sofa, stifling a yawn.
“Tomorrow is your second date with Chaz. Figured we needed to talk about what you’re wearing.”
“It’s business, Penny. I’ll be wearing one of the new suits we bought together. Remember those?”
“And what top? Which earrings? Are you wearing a scarf? Don’t forget the new perfume.”
Lilacs? I know. I bought a small bottle to keep in my desk.”
“Good girl! You’re getting it. You never told me how your date…er, your first dinner with Chaz went. Mark is watching game footage so I have time.”
Megan put her feet up on the coffee table.
“Nothing to tell. I closed the business, that’s all.”
“Yeah, right, dinner with Chaz Duncan is nothing. Whenever you’ve clammed up about a guy before, I always knew it was because you liked him…a lot. So give.”
“There’s nothing to tell. Just dinner, business talk and then he dropped me home.”
“Baloney.”
“Honestly…” Megan sat back on the sofa.
“Not even a kiss goodnight?”
There was silence.
“I thought so. Come on…it’s me, Penny, here.”
“Okay, okay, one kiss. When he said we had the business…”
“One kiss?”
“Maybe…two. Two…that’s all.” Megan closed her eyes.
“Hmm. Two kisses? More than ‘thank you’ going on there.”
Penny dissolved into giggles on the other end of the phone.
“Oh and a screen kiss. But that doesn’t count because it’s not like a kiss at all.”
“Really? Does it involve touching lips? Then it’s a kiss and it counts. Three. We’re up to three and counting.”
“That's absolutely everything.”

Check out my books on my WEBSITE.

4 comments:

Carolyn Gibbs said...

This scene is so cute. You really do dialogue so well, Jean. It makes it easy to visualize.

Karen Cino said...

Loved the scene. The dialogue was so natural that I felt like I was right there with them. A scene most of us can relate too. Awesome job.

Sherry Gloag said...

Great scene, I stumbles a bit over the opening sentence, but the rest I loved. Great use of Lilac.

S.E said...

Loved the pacing. this would also be a great scene in a movie.