Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Where In the World Do I Live?? Secret Cravings Blog Hop


 THE TWO WINNERS OF SCP GIFT CARDS ARE:
NANCY & NDULGENT BLOGGER!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR ENTERING!

Guess where our authors live and win prizes! Here are a few hints to help you guess where I live:
1 - It's a city
2 - It has a section called "chinatown"
3 - It has a lake in the middle where you can rent rowboats
4 - It's nickname is a fruit
5 - It's the only city that has a "village" in it.
Where am I? Leave your answer in a comment with your email address. I'll draw two winners who will each receive a $10 Secret Cravings Publishing Gift Certificate!
Ben Tanner, retired Marine, and I have a new release, a military romance we wrote together. Here's an excerpt:

I can't believe I’m acting this way around a woman I just met.
“What?” Tara stopped to face him, dropping his hand.
“It’s…just…I’ve had so much pain…I—”
“You’re worried about me?”
Remember, she’s on the rebound just like you.
He nodded. The moon bathed her in soft, shimmery light adding to her beauty. They stared at each other at a safe distance for a minute. Tara laced her fingers between his again, pulling him closer as they walked on in silence for a little bit. She broke from him to lean against a palm tree while she gazed at the moon. Mick joined her, looking up as well.
"What do you see?" he asked.
"I see a new beginning...for me...and for you."
He put his arm around her shoulders. Tears clouded her eyes as she turned her face away, but he pulled her to him. Tara hid her face in his chest as her tears fell.
"I’d never hurt you." His whisper carried along on the soft breeze.
"I’d never hurt you either," she murmured, gazing up into his eyes.
Hope I can believe her. I want to, but…
At those words, he pulled her into a hug. Feeling her warm body against his, under the moonlight, on the crystal beach, his heart raced while his mind was at ease.  It had been a long time since he held a woman in his arms, or kissed one either. 
She raised her chin to look in his eyes as he lowered his mouth for a quick kiss. Flinching a bit at first, she relaxed, then clasped her hands behind his neck. giving a small tug. Mick caught the signal, bent to close his mouth down on hers again but with more passion. The slight pressure from his tongue parted her lips. Tara moaned softly as his arms tightened around her. Desire flowed through his veins, his hands itched to touch her breasts, to strip away her sexy dress and feel the softness of her skin against his. Making love on the beach in the moonlight crossed his mind…his pulse kicked up. You hardly know her. Slow down or she’ll bolt.
                         *****************************
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE BLOG HOP
CLICK HERE FOR MY WEBSITE

23 comments:

Unknown said...

New York - jladdicoat@gmail.com

Ann Q said...

I think that you live in NEW YORK

Sherry Gloag said...

I'm so glad I've started with you, jean. It's going to be a challenge, I think identifying all the places, but fun.

NYC

sherrygloag@ gmail dot com

Tamara Monteau said...

It's gotta be New York. You live there? How do you afford the taxes? LOL. Great Hop!

Lindsay said...

NYC

Unknown said...

Chinatown, Central Park, the Big Apple and Greenwich Village...that would be New York City, my favorite city of all time!

An Open Book said...

Awesome hints Jean! Great review for Love, Lost and Found this week too! Congrats!

Dawne

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Great clues Jean. :), especially the Village one.

Lisa said...

NYC,.

nancy said...

The Big Apple, New York City

Jessicca Elizabethe said...

New York City! I think the fruit nickname kind of gave it away :P Great hints, Jean!

Shara Moon said...

I'm gonna go with the Big Apple, aka NEW YORK :)

Christina Cole said...

Hi, Jean... you know, of course, the Golden Apple on your page sorta gives it away. It's a well-deserved reward. Congratulations again!

Eva's Flowers said...

I'm going to guess New York also ;)

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Hello Jean! How long is this hop? One day?
I'm thinking you live in NYC.

luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Hi Jean. I will say New York City.

Unknown said...

So this is so not far since I'm showing up late...and b/c you just told me where you lived the other night during class (you're not the only one who cheats, lol), but I have to go with NYC.

Angie Adair said...

New York, New York...Angie in Illinois

Unknown said...

New York City

NdulgentBloggrs said...

NYC... the big apple.

Unknown said...

New York City!! I have always wanted to visit. One day we will.
mel
bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

Yvette said...

New York City!
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

Misha Tagliaferro said...

You're in New York City. :)

mishatagliaferro(at)gmail(dot)com