Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

IMA SLUTZ INTERVIEW WITH CARRIE TUCKER FROM THE MARRIAGE LIST

Good morning, Ima Slutz here, sitting in for my cousin, Adora Smutz, who is on vacation. She's in the Caribbean this week, trying to find a man. *Sighs*, some people don't know when to quit. 

I am interviewing the lovely and charming Carrie Tucker, heroine from "The Marriage List". Yes, that's her on the cover:

 Ima: Welcome, Carrie. Tell me, Carrie, how does it feel to be the heroine in Jean's best selling book, The Marriage List?
Carrie: It feels great, Ima. Grey Andrews, my boyfriend, and I are thrilled. And she's got two more books with us in them, too. Did you know that?

Ima:  Oh, really? Adora didn't tell me that! Hmm. And I suppose you want to tell me the titles for those also *under her breath* shameless,self-promoting slut.
Carrie: If you don't mind, Jean asked me to mention them: The Love List, which is out now and The Dating List, which she is currently writing. Of course in that last one we are supporting characters.
Ima: You can't be the princess ALL the time, you know! And you are sleeping with one of the most attractive heroes Jean has written, aren't you.
Carrie (blushes): You could say that.
Ima (leans in closer): So how is Grey in bed?
Carrie (blushes deeper red): Ima! How can you ask me that?
Ima: That's what everyone wants to know, dearie. So give...and don't leave out any details.
Carrie (flustered): I'm not going to...Grey would kill...Jean! Jean! This was not part of the deal.
Ima: I bet he's a dreamy kisser...
Carrie: You wouldn't believe...hey! Wait a minute.
Ima: Come on, Carrie, share a little with us. You know we're all panting to be with Grey. He's so...so...sexy!
Carrie: Yes, he is. I suppose one little detail...but I shouldn't...
Ima: Awww go on, girl. *leans closer to Carrie*.
Carrie: You know what he loves...what he really loves...most of all...in the bedroom?
Ima (wipes drool from chin): No, no...tell me...we're all anxious to hear.
Carrie: WOMEN WHO DON'T KISS AND TELL!  *clamps her mouth shut*.
Ima: Adora said you'd be a hard nut to crack. I guess if you want to know about Grey in the bedroom, you're going to have to read The Marriage List to find out. This is Ima Slutz, thanking our guest, Carrie Tucker -- sort of -- and signing off...Carrie, you can unclamp your lips now...yes...breathe, girl, breathe.



A bit about the book


Can happily ever after start with a list? Grey Andrews thinks so. After ten years of working, saving and investing, Grey finally achieved a level of wealth that allows him to do what he wants with his life. He needs a woman to share it with, but not any woman, the perfect woman. A woman who has the three essential qualities on his marriage list. But after three years of searching he isn’t any closer to finding her than he was when he started out.
 Carrie Tucker, an aspiring mystery writer and divorcĂ©e struggling to make it in the world of advertising, turned her focus from men to her career after dating too many creeps and losers. She’s finally earned her big break, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the first female creative director in a hot New York ad agency. So what if it means working nights and weekends? It’s not like she has a social life anyway.
Is the marriage list a failure or will a chance meeting at a fiction-writing conference prove the list to be the key to Grey’s happiness after all?


Short Excerpt
“Miss Tucker…Carrie, I’m sorry but we’re going to have to reschedule this pitch. I have a meeting with an investor I can’t put off,” he said, looking down at the papers in his hand, “I have your contact info here. I’ll get in touch to reschedule.”
With that, Paul marched out of the room with the man he called “Grey” right behind him. Carrie stood up and put her hand on Grey’s arm.
“Hey! You ruined my opportunity to get my novel published! I’ve been waiting six months for the chance to see Paul Marcel,” she shot at him.
Grey turned. His gaze swept over her hair, eyes and figure making her feel slightly naked and yet warm at the same time. She stared back boldly at the handsome man with a dazzling smile and an impeccable gray suit, noticing how snugly his suit fitted his trim physique
“Give it to me,” he said, reaching for her manuscript, “I’ll make sure he reads it.”
Before she could move, he snatched the manuscript out of her hand and walked quickly out of the room. She trailed along behind him, trying to speak, but soon he was lost in the crowd.
What happened here? Where’s my manuscript and who was that guy?

 
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SWEET SAT SAMPLES

ONLY $.99 AT:
AMAZON
BARNES & NOBLE
SMASHWORDS



CLICK HERE FOR MY WEBSITE & REVIEWS ON ALL MY BOOKS.



9 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY Carrie. You tell her. I knew you would make sure nobody overstepped their boundaries. You rock!!

Unknown said...

excited to hear that there is a third book in the series- reading the second one now- love the dialog at the beginning- very realistic- hoping to get to the middle at least today- someday are boring and others too hectic- Love both Carrie and Grey- but I have to admit that Grey has a certain something something!!!
That Ima does a darn good interview!!!

Palmaltas said...

That was hilarious! Very, very clever!

Lindsay said...

I can't wait for The Dating List.
And the interview was wonderful also. Glad to see Carrie was sort of able to put Ima sort of in her place.

Kellie Kamryn said...

LOL!!! Can't wait to read it :)

Sherry Gloag said...

I love these interviews you put your characters through. Ima is as bad as Adoora :-)

K. M. Springsteen said...

Carrie has such class!

Sandra Allen said...

When I saw the name "Ima", it reminded me of my Texas history lessons. There was a governor whose last name was Hogg, and he named his daughters "Ima & Ura".
Thanks for making me smile with your excerpt!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Loved this format. Carrie is something else.