Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014

BEST OF...10 THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A ROMANCE WRITER… AND THE SNAPPY ANSWERS YOU MIGHT RECEIVE IF YOU DO.




TEN THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A ROMANCE WRITER… AND THE SNAPPY ANSWERS  YOU MIGHT RECEIVE IF YOU DO.

  1.     Did you model that character after me? 
        No, you’re too boring to be a character in my book.

  2.     Did you get your plot from a TV program?
        No, that’s called theft of intellectual property.

  3.     Are you going to put what I just said in a book?
        Maybe, but you’ll never know, will you?

  4.     Who did you fashion your characters after?
        No one, they are fiction, remember?

  5.     Did that really happen?
        No, that’s called nonfiction.

  6.     Where do you get your ideas from?
       I buy them at the corner store along with my crack, Oxycotin and  diet pills.

  7.     Does your mother know you write this stuff?
      Yes, and she’s buying copies for all her friends for Christmas.

  8.     Do people actually buy your books?
       Yes, I’ve got the royalty checks to prove it.

  9.     I could write something like this…it isn’t hard. 
      Go ahead…I dare you 
  10.  This isn’t real literature, you know. 
      Really? That’s what it’s classified as by the government (when you file for a copyright) 
   Thank you for stopping by. Which was your favorite? I love comments. Have a great day. 

4 comments:

Luci Cosway said...

I absolutely love #10; I have a friend who writes thrillers and she gets the same type of comments.

Sharon said...

#9 yep, I dare 'em!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

The characters in my first book are Baby Boomers, and lots of people have asked, "Which character are you?" Answer: NONE. I'm a happily married woman!
#10 is my favorite on your list.

morgan said...

#10 Some of the books we now call literature were considered scandalous waste of paper in their time. It didn't mean people didn't like them, they did.

Tom Jones (not the singer, the book) is a prime example. The Marriage List might end up being required reading. :)