Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Confessions!

Okay, folks, time to get interesting. Do you have anything you've wanted to confess, tell the world about but didn't have the nerve before? Now is the time to do it. Everyone has something. Send it to me at sunnydaysbook@gmail.com and I'll post it here on my blog.


Let me go first. This is an old lie, very old, so old that it seems funny to me now. I always wanted to be a writer. When I was 15, my English teacher assigned us a book report on a book of short stories. I couldn't find one in the school library or the town library. Panicked as the due date drew near, I closed my door and invented a book! I wrote the report on the invented book and I invented all the short stories, too.

Being the painfully honest person I was at 15, the next week was hell. So afraid my teacher would discover I lied, I started thinking up cover stories as to why I couldn't produce the book I was expecting her to demand. "Where is it" I kept hearing in my nightmares. Finally the day for the reports to be returned came. I trembled as she handed me my paper, sure there would be a "see me" note on it. Hah! I got a B- on the report. That was the first time I ever thought I had what it took to be a writer.

Tell me your stories and I'll print them here.

1 comment:

Palmaltas said...

Jean, I love that story! Did you create author names for the short stories? What an imagination--that continues to this day.