Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Settings

How does a city girl like me end up writing five books about the country? I learned about the country taking my kids to a bungalow colony in Sullivan County for years. I fell in love with the place, the town and the county. As a writer I appreciate the total peace and quiet that never occurs in Manhattan.

Country came to me as Mac and Callie, characters from my first book, did. I created a town and a university and had so much fun doing it I kept the next books there. After book three, I maneuvered my first main character there because I was in love with the town and why waste a great location? Why invent something new when this town was dripping with charm?

I started my sequel to "Sunny Days, Moonlit Nights", which will be titled, "April in the Moonlight" and happen in the same small town as the first book. But not the same small town as the other five! I know it's confusing, I'm confusing myself! I have 84 pages of another book that takes place...finally...in New York City! But that will have to wait until I finish sequel number one...then sequel number two. I'm busy, but at least I'm not bored.  Hope you all are having a great day. Hugs and kisses to everyone.

No comments: